Slow down!! If you are looking for how to import bags from China, this article is for you specifically.
It is likely that you know the advantages of this project and its high profit; bags or bags are part of our daily lives, and all ages need them, in addition to that China is the largest producer in the world for bags, and you will find all its varieties at very low prices!
In order to ensure your success in importing bags from China, and not to suffer problems or loss, we offer you, dear reader, this comprehensive guide on how to safely import bags, and where to find suppliers.
The most important places and markets to import bags in China
When traveling to China to import bags: You can easily find suppliers by visiting specialized cities and commercial markets that sell bags of various kinds.
Guangzhou and Aiwu are two of the most popular cities for bag suppliers in China, you can also visit the Canton Fair in Guangzhou, and the famous Futian Market in Aiwu and you will be amazed by the variety of bags varieties, and the spread of suppliers very large.
In addition to Guangzhou and Aiwu, you can also find suppliers in different cities such as:
- Zhejiang City.
- Bingo City.
- Fujian City.
- Shanghai City.
- Shandong City.
The most important commercial markets in China where you can find bag suppliers
- Guangzhou Baiyun World Leather Trading Center
It is the largest leather and leather bag trading center in China, the market extends over an area of 2,000 square meters and includes more than 1,100 shops.
You will find many types of bags of different qualities and specifications, and you can also buy from it wholesale or retail, as the market is characterized by a low “MOQ”. (Min. Order: MOQ)
Market Address: No.1356, Jiefangbei Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong
- Yiwu International Trade City
It is the largest wholesale market in China; it covers almost all kinds of small goods.
Prices are cheap in the AIWU market in general, but you have to be resourceful in order to find excellent deals.
The quality of products is relatively lower than that of products found in Guangzhou and Shenzhen, for example, especially with regard to leather products and so on.
The market is huge and it is recommended that you have a general idea of where your products are before you go there and start exploring, because it will take you a few days and even weeks to get there.
You can find bag products in the second section of the market.
Market Address: Nearby Intersection of Chouzhou North Rd and Chengxin Avenue , Yiwu, Zhejiang
- Zhonggang Leather City
It is a very huge center selling bags and leather bags in Guangzhou, where you will find many suppliers, with whom you can contact and get what you want.
Market Address: No.11, Sanyuanli, Baiyun District , Guangzhou, Guangdong
- Jin Yi Leatherware Plaza
The market includes a different number of leather bags such as:
- Leather handbags.
- Skin wallets.
- Leather backpacks.
Market Address: NO. 1453, Jiefangbei Road, Baiyun District , Guangzhou, Guangdong
- Yisen Leather Building
Knowing that the market specializes in selling leather and leather bags, you will find many types and types of bags.
Market Address: NO. 1339, Jiefangbei Road, Baiyun District , Guangzhou, Guangdong
- Baoding Baigou Bags & Cases Trading Market
A market specialized in selling large bags, in addition to many types of bags
Market Address: Fuqiang Rd, Gaobeidian, Baoding, Hebei
- Shenyang Wu’ai Small Commodity Wholesale Market
It is the second largest wholesale small goods market in China, and the largest market in northern China.
It offers a wide variety of bags in addition to clothes, gloves and gifts.
Market Address: NO. 65, Re’nao Rd, Shenhe District , Shenyang, Liaoning
What items will you find when importing bags from China?
- Women’s shoulder bags, which are bags for women, have a belt to carry them on the shoulder.
- Rope bags: A different type in terms of the idea of manufacturing bags, they have long belts that have several shapes that are carried on the shoulder as well.
- Hip bags: These are small bags tied to the hip, such as those worn by travelers and tourists.
- Handbags: Small bags held in hand.
- Backpacks: They are bags that are worn in the back, such as school bags and others, their size and the type of materials involved in their manufacture vary, and they also have a variety of items such as those designed to put the personal computer in them.
- Business bags: They are medium-sized bags, often made of leather.
- Travel bags: They are slightly large bags in order to accommodate travel needs, they have wheels to tow them.
The main constituent substances of these species also differ such as:
- Natural skin.
- Treated artificial leather.
What are the specifications to consider when importing bags from China?
There are many specifications that you should pay attention to when importing bags from China, especially if you want to customize a specific type of bag for you. Or you are looking for a specific quality of bags.
Among the most important of these specifications:
- Determine the type of materials involved in the manufacture of the bag, and determine the color and size.
- Putting your own brand, or logo for you; by digital printing on bags, embroidery, or adding a small metal plate, is common when it comes to bags.
- Add pockets to the bag, in line with the needs of the market, such as pockets for the water bottle, small pockets for the phone, and internal pockets, you must specify what you want from the pockets, and their locations clearly when ordering from suppliers.
- The length of the belt you want, and what nature it is (metal rings – leather belt – etc.)
As we have seen in the types of bags, the length of the belt varies according to the types of bags.
- The type and design of the fasteners, and attention to the quality of the zipper inside the bag, as it is a key element in the manufacture of the bag, if the quality of the fasteners is low, it may lead to damage to the bag and the lack of demand for it.
- Safety standards and specifications required in your country and imposed on leather and chemicals involved in the manufacture of bags.
You should pay attention to all these specifications, and write them accurately and in detail in the product specification sheet, before submitting the application to the suppliers.
How to import bags from China?
Let’s now move on to the steps of importing bags from China, in order to ensure that you import safely, and learn about the most important points when importing these products.
First: Market study and economic feasibility of the project
That is, searching for the market in which you will sell, the customers you will target, and analyzing it to identify supply and demand in order to determine the quantity of the types of bags that you have to import, and you must study competitors and identify their strengths and weaknesses, in order to be distinguished in the market and be a strong party in the market.
Economic Feasibility Study
It is an important step when doing any business in order to ensure its success.
The feasibility study requires:
- Identify the costs of importing bags from China, including (research costs – cargo costs – shipping costs – customs clearance costs – shipping agent and customs broker costs, if any – bag inspection costs – marketing costs and others)
- Identify the prices of bags in the market.
- Estimation of profit margin and expected profits.
Second: Searching for suppliers
After selecting the target product and its characteristics that you want, you must now search for suppliers and communicate with them.
There are two ways to search:
- Importing bags from China Online
YOU CAN SEARCH CHINESE B2B platforms and find and connect with trusted suppliers, such as ALIBABA, MADE IN CHIAN, GLOBALSOURCE, CHINA GOODS.
This method is characterized by low search costs, but you are at risk of fraud by suppliers, values related to money theft or low quality and other methods of fraud.
In order to avoid these risks, you must check the supplier’s background (requesting certificates – identifying the number of customers – supplier activity), and checking the goods and checking them through a third party (quality inspection companies), before loading the goods and paying the remaining amount.
- Travel to import bags from China
That is, travel to China and import directly.
Therefore, you must first prepare travel arrangements to China, as some countries need a visa in order to enter China. Then you can go to visit markets, specialized cities or trade fairs.
Importing offline from China is a bit expensive, as you have to bear the costs of travel, accommodation, etc., but it is safer than importing online because you will meet suppliers in person, visit factories and see the quality of work in them closely.
Third: Get quotations
You must contact more than one supplier, in order to get many different quotations for bags and compare them to choose the optimal supplier. You will get varying and slightly lower prices due to the great competition between suppliers, and you can learn about features, varieties, and disadvantages that you did not know before.
Fourth: Compare quotations and choose the best suppliers
Now suppliers must be liquidated, and divided into potential suppliers; suppliers that offer good offers, prices close to the price of the product, have good customer service, and can meet all your requirements. And excluded suppliers; they are those who set prices that are too high, or too low, and cannot meet your requirements.
It is not necessary for a supplier to have all the specifications to assess whether it is a potential or excluded supplier, for example, you can choose a supplier that has a slightly high price but offers good shipping terms.
There are key points by which you can evaluate the supplier such as the ability to meet your requirements (quality – delivery time – etc.).
Fifth: Obtaining samples
Obtaining samples of bags from suppliers gives security to the import process, as you will be able to identify the credibility of the supplier, examine the sample and match it with your requirements before paying the deposit to the supplier and giving him the signal to start manufacturing.
Sixth: Negotiating with suppliers and choosing a supplier
It is an important step in order to get good results when importing bags from China.
You can negotiate with suppliers on quality, price and deposit, shipping terms, payment terms and packaging.
Hence you have to choose the best supplier that you will deal with.
Payment methods in China vary according to different suppliers and their preferences, but this does not eliminate your negotiation with the supplier on a payment method you prefer, in order to reach a common agreement between you and them, and transfer your money safely.
Some of the most common payment methods are:
- Traditional payment: It is a transfer from your bank to the supplier’s bank and is done in two ways:
- Interbank documentary credit.
- Telegraphic transfer – T.T
- Electronic payment: It is online payment, and the most famous platforms are:
- PayPal (PayPal)
- Transfer Wise
- Debit and Credit Cards Credit Cards.
- WECHAT IF YOU ARE LOCATED IN CHINA
- Alibaba if you import from it
- Other payment methods
- Cash payment.
- Western Union.
- Exchange companies.
Make sure not to pay the full amount until the goods have been inspected and made sure that they are safe and meet the standards.
You can do it yourself, but we recommend that you use quality inspection companies if you are new to international trade.
You can also negotiate with suppliers about the possibility of a future import if your company has a known name and place.
Eighth: Shipping and Customs Clearance
You can ship bags from China in two different ways, due to your budget.
- Air freight: It is a quick way to ship bags; if you are in a hurry to arrive goods.
- Sea freight: It is the most common method due to its low costs compared to air freight, but it takes a long time for the goods to reach your destination.
Dealing with China freight forwarders will make your shipping work easier in many ways, as the freight forwarder takes care of all the procedures, and brings you the best shipping rates.
If you’re a beginner, we recommend working with a forwarder to avoid getting into trouble and getting frustrated the first time.
Any type of import will require legal papers and documents in order to present them to customs and allow goods to enter the market.
The required documents and certificates vary from country to country, and you can identify them by consulting a customs clearance office or government websites.
In general, here are the most important documents you need when importing bags from China:
- Certificate of Origin.It is a certificate required for any imported product.
- Import/Export License – certifies that the imported products are licensed in the country of origin or delivery.
- Bill of Lading means a document that provides detailed information about the shipment including the terms of delivery and the destination of the shipment.
- Insurance Certificate: The insurance certificate covers your goods against loss or damage.
- Commercial invoice: A document issued by the exporter showing the total price of the goods and goods sold, the terms of payment, and proving your ownership of the goods.
- Entry Declaration: A document from the customs authority showing the details of the quantity, type, destination and source of the goods.
- Sales Contract: A document prepared by both the exporter and the importer stating the terms and conditions governing the delivery or exchange of goods as well as the price.
- Tax card – the first legal document that gives you a license to practice the profession.
- Packing list: shows the contents, number and specifications of each individual box
You can also deal with a customs broker, in order to clear your goods safely and not be subject to delays or problems.
You should also pay attention to the subject of good packaging, as bags may be exposed to moisture or dust if they are not properly and safely wrapped.
How do I start importing bags from China?
You first have to research the market you want to target, what people need from bags, investigate the number of competitors, analyze them, then determine the type of bags you want to import accurately, then prepare a feasibility study for the project, and know how much you can import safely.
Now you can apply the steps we have mentioned to you, after determining whether you will import online or go to China yourself.