Each country has its own regulations on goods exported to its own country. If you don’t know these contents very well during the transportation of goods, it is easy to encounter some unnecessary troubles in the export process. Today, Basenton will join you to learn about how the shipping from China to Egypt operates.
The shipping operations from China to Egypt are as follows:
1. For goods exported to Egypt, the Commodity Inspection Bureau implements pre-shipment inspection and supervision.
2. Regardless of whether the commodity inspection is legally required, the customer is required to provide a renewal voucher or receipt, a formal inspection authorization letter, packing list, invoice, and contract.
3. Take the renewal receipt (slip) to the Commodity Inspection Bureau to handle the customs clearance form (the statutory commodity inspection can get the customs clearance form in advance) and then make an appointment with the Commodity Inspection Bureau for a specific time to go to the warehouse to supervise the installation.
4. After the Commodity Inspection Bureau staff arrive at the warehouse, they will first take photos of the empty containers, and then check the number of boxes for each shipment, check one ticket for one ticket, and take a photo of one ticket, and then go to the Commodity Inspection Bureau. Change the customs clearance form before you can arrange the customs declaration.
5. Approximately 5 working days after customs clearance, go to the Commodity Inspection Bureau to obtain the customs clearance pre-shipment inspection certificate at the port of destination. Foreign customers can use this certificate to handle customs clearance at the port of destination.
6. For all goods exported to Egypt, the corresponding documents (certificate of origin and invoice) must be certified by the Egyptian embassy in China. The stamped documents and pre-shipment inspection certificate can be cleared and picked up at the destination port of Egypt. The embassy recognizes After customs declaration or after the export data is confirmed.
7. The Egyptian Embassy’s certification is about 3-7 working days, and the pre-shipment inspection certificate is about 5 working days. For other customs and commodity inspections, you can consult local officials. When talking about customers, market personnel must set aside their own safe time to operate accordingly.
The above is an introduction to the operation process of shipping from China to Egypt. If exporters want to smoothly export their goods to Egypt, they must pay more attention to these matters in their daily work, to ensure the smooth completion of their export work and avoid unnecessary problems during transportation. Disputes. If there is any freight forwarder, please contact Basenton, we are committed to delivering your goods to all over the world safely and promptly at a reasonable price. Welcome to consult.
Operating shipping from China to Egypt involves several steps and considerations to ensure a smooth and cost-effective process. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you navigate the logistics of shipping goods from China to Egypt:
Plan Your Shipment:
Determine the type and quantity of goods you want to ship from China to Egypt.
Establish a clear understanding of your shipping needs, including cargo volume, weight, dimensions, and any special handling requirements.
Choose a Shipping Method:
Select the most suitable shipping method based on your budget, timeline, and cargo type. Common options include air freight, sea freight, and express courier services.
Prepare Necessary Documentation:
Gather and complete all required shipping documents, including invoices, packing lists, certificates of origin, and any permits or licenses specific to your goods.
Ensure compliance with Egyptian customs regulations and requirements.
Pack and Label Your Cargo:
Properly package your goods to protect them during transit. Label packages with clear, accurate information, including shipping addresses and markings indicating fragile or hazardous items.
Work with your freight forwarder to ensure compliance with customs requirements in both China and Egypt.
Determine the appropriate Harmonized System (HS) code for your goods, as this will impact customs duties and taxes.
Establish clear Incoterms (International Commercial Terms) in your trade agreement with the supplier or buyer in China to define responsibilities and shipping costs.
Booking and Transportation:
Coordinate with your freight forwarder to book transportation. Depending on your chosen shipping method, cargo may be transported via air, sea, or a combination of both.
Your freight forwarder will arrange for cargo pickup and delivery to the departure port in China.
Shipping and Transit:
Monitor the progress of your shipment as it travels from China to Egypt. You can track shipments through the carrier’s tracking system or with assistance from your freight forwarder.
Customs Clearance in Egypt:
Work with an experienced customs broker in Egypt to handle customs clearance and ensure all necessary documentation is provided.
Pay any applicable customs duties and taxes.
Coordinate with a local Egyptian logistics provider or arrange for transportation to your final destination within Egypt.
Ensure timely delivery and unloading of your cargo.
Consider purchasing cargo insurance to protect your goods against damage or loss during transit. This is especially important for valuable or fragile items.
Documentation and Records:
Maintain thorough records of all shipping documents, customs declarations, and invoices for future reference and compliance.
Evaluate and Adjust:
After your shipment arrives in Egypt, evaluate the overall shipping process. Assess costs, transit times, and any issues that arose during the shipment to improve future logistics.
Taxes and duties to import from China to Egypt:
Taxes and duties for importing items from a China supply chain management into Egypt from CN are subject to tariffs. You have to pay the import tariffs of Egypt Customs that, as a general rule of import, the ad valorem duty or tariff is paid, which is from 0% to 100% on the CIF value of the cargo in the container shipment. Additionally you will have to pay the value added tax (VAT) that corresponds to 0% to 25%. The VAT will be applied to the total price of the import in CIF Incoterm + the Customs tax (tariff). + the general import rates in Egypt, if the import comes from China it can be subject to extra tariffs.
How to operate the shipping from China to Egypt? Container shipping services from China to Egypt offering the most reliable ocean freight with the cheapest shipping rates to Egypt from China with a faster transit time to ship a 20ft container or a, 40ft container to the major ports in the Egypt.