International rail freight transportation by Basenton Logistics
(1) Basic elements of railway transportation
1. Railway lines. The lines on which trains travel are called railway lines, which are the basis for the operation of locomotives, vehicles and trains.
2. Railway locomotives and vehicles. Railway locomotives are often referred to as locomotives, and they are the basic power device for railway transportation. Railway vehicles are vehicles for transporting passengers and goods, and generally do not have power plants.
3. The station. The railway station is the premises engaged in railway passenger and cargo transportation business and train operations. It is the basic unit of the railway transportation department, commonly known as the railway station.
(2) The characteristics of railway freight transportation
1. The transportation process has strong continuity and strong planning.
2. High safety during transportation.
3. Large transportation capacity and low cost.
4. Energy saving and environmental protection.
5. The initial construction investment is large and the construction time is long.
6. The long operation time between departure and arrival is not conducive to the transportation business with a short haul distance.
7. Limited by the track, the flexibility is poor, and the “door-to-door” service cannot be directly realized.
8. A large amount of funds and materials are used for construction projects, such as roadbeds, battlefields, etc., once operations are stopped, it is not easy to transfer or recover, and the loss is relatively large.
3) International railway freight transportation
1. The concept of international rail freight transport-refers to the use of a unified international intermodal transport bill, where the railway authority is responsible for the entire transportation through the railways of two or more countries, and when the railways of one country transfer the goods to the railways of another country , A mode of transportation that does not require the consignor and consignee to participate.
2. Scope of international rail freight transportation
(1) Cargo transportation between national railways participating in the “International Merchandise Association”
(2) Cargo transportation between railways in countries not participating in the “International Merchandise Association”
(3) Cargo delivery through the port
3. Types of International Railway Freight Transport
(1) Whole vehicle cargo. It is a consignment of a waybill that needs to be transported by a separate vehicle by volume, weight or type.
(2) Less-than-carload cargo. A batch of goods consigned according to a consignment note, the weight does not exceed 5,000 kg, according to its size or type of goods that do not require a separate vehicle to be transported are called less than cargo.
(3) Container cargo. Railway containers are divided into small tonnage, medium tonnage and large tonnage containers. At present, my country’s railways only handle 5 tons of railway containers transported by vehicles and 1-ton railway containers for less-than-carload transport, as well as imported goods shipped in large-tonnage containers prepared by the shipper. Shipment in trunk.