Basenton Logistics International Air Cargo Transportation
(1) The composition of the air transport system
1. Vehicles. The means of delivery in the air transportation system are various aircraft, mainly various civil aircraft.
2. Loading and unloading places. Mainly refers to various airports.
3. Transportation channel. That is the air route.
4. Management system. That is the air traffic management system.
(2) Characteristics of air transportation
2. Great mobility
3. Safety, low damage rate
4. Small transportation volume and high cost
5. Largely restricted by weather conditions
(3) Types of international air cargo transportation
1. Airline transportation
Flight: Refers to the flight that sails on a fixed route on a regular basis, that is, flight transportation has a fixed departure station, destination station and transit station. According to different business objects, it is divided into passenger flights and cargo flights.
2. Charter transportation (full charter and part of charter)
——The airline leases the entire aircraft to one or several charterers (the charterer refers to the consignor or air freight forwarding company) in accordance with the agreed conditions and rates, and loads cargo from one or several air stations to the designated destination.
3. Centralized consignment
—— Refers to the centralized shipper that combines several batches of separately shipped goods into a whole batch, handles the consignment with the airline, and uses a master air waybill to collectively ship to the same port of destination, and the centralized shipper’s agent at the port of destination receives the goods. It is then allocated to each actual consignee according to the air waybill issued by the centralized shipper.
4. Air express
——It refers to the use of air transportation by air express companies to collect the express mail from the sender and deliver it to the designated place or recipient in accordance with the time promised to the sender. Such as DHL, UPS, etc.
International multimodal transport is based on the international multimodal transport contract, in which at least two different modes of transport are used by the multimodal transport operator to transport the goods from the place where the goods are taken over in the territory of one country to the designated delivery in the territory of another country. Location.
International multimodal transport must use the entire through bill of lading;
The international multimodal transport operator shall bear the entire transportation responsibility to the cargo owner;
Operators of international multimodal transport shall charge cargo owners the entire freight at a single rate;
International multimodal transportation must be international cargo transportation, and this kind of transportation must use two or more different modes of transportation to form a coherent transportation to complete the transportation of goods across national borders.
The advantages of international multimodal transport
1. Simple procedures
2. Safe and reliable
3. Early settlement of foreign exchange to reduce costs
4. Improve the level of transportation management and realize the rationalization of transportation.